"Slime Green"

The only explanation for your low FC is a testing error, I think. While the HTH 6-way uses the same method, you will find a better quality pH test in both the TF-100 and K-2006.

Pool Stores typically are not too bad about pH testing (only) so you might get your pH tested there when the FC gets below 10ppm.

duraleigh said:
The only explanation for your low FC is a testing error, I think. While the HTH 6-way uses the same method, you will find a better quality pH test in both the TF-100 and K-2006.

Pool Stores typically are not too bad about pH testing (only) so you might get your pH tested there when the FC gets below 10ppm.

Thanks for the explanation. I also have a Taylor basic DPD kit that I purchased from the pool store in March, and I used it to retest the Ph. The test results were the same as the HtH kit at 6.8

Doesn't the Taylor DPD kit use the same reagent as the K-2006? I do plan to wait until I remove the remaining CC and pass the overnight test before letting the FC drop to normal level. I'll retest the Ph then.

Success! The overnight test passed.

Last night:
FC 17
CC 0

This morning:
FC 16.5
CC 0

I'll let the chlorine level drop down to the prescribed level and then start to work on the Ph.

Final tally:
7 day repair process (6 of those without a proper test kit)
2 50% water changes (12k gallons each)
20 1.4 gallon bottles of 6% bleach
A whole lot of brushing and backwashing
1 clear pool

Thanks TPF

All I can say is Wow! One week ago today, I stuck a ruler in the pool and the end disappeared before I hit the 5 inch mark. Today, the water sparkles in the sunlight. And yes, I can see every spec of crud on the floor.

The FC is slowly dropping and is at 13.5 now. The Ph has remained consistent at 6.8 from both the Taylor and HtH test kits. I'll wait until the chlorine hits 10 and then begin treating the Ph if necessary.

Thanks again TFP.

Babe the Blue Ox said:
All I can say is Wow! One week ago today, I stuck a ruler in the pool and the end disappeared before I hit the 5 inch mark. Today, the water sparkles in the sunlight. And yes, I can see every spec of crud on the floor.

The FC is slowly dropping and is at 13.5 now. The Ph has remained consistent at 6.8 from both the Taylor and HtH test kits. I'll wait until the chlorine hits 10 and then begin treating the Ph if necessary.

Thanks again TFP.
:cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.