Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-3)
Hello. We did a long SLAM when we opened this year. Took a long time. We were good for a while but I’m not sure what happened because the chlorine started disappearing again. I started another SLAM earlier this week hoping but also knowing it wouldn’t be done by Sunday. We are going on vacation Sunday to Friday. I’m doing an overnight chlorine test tonight and reaaaally hoping I’ll pass. If we don’t pass, what should I do while we are gone? I intend on putting in the solar cover to keep the water and chemicals from evaporating. Other than that and putting our SWG on 100%, I’m not sure what to do. Any advice would be much appreciated!

A T3 Can only create 0.53 lb per day of chlorine. In your 17000 gallon pool, that is 3.7 ppm FC if run at 100% for 24 hours per day. Is that how you run it?

While gone, with the cover on, I would run it for at least 18 hours per day at 100%. Or at 75% for 24 hours per day.

I updated our gallons and it’s about 14,000. Actually, when we aren’t SLAMing, we run it 24hours at 50ish% and it usually stays around 4-5ppm.

We are waiting for this T-3 to kick the bucket and then moving on to the T-15 we have waiting in the wings. Our pump runs 24 hours all the time, so 75% it is! Thank you!

Please change your signature. It shows 17K

Give it a go. See what it is like when you come home.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.