SLAMMED Twice. Algae back again.

9/4 4:45pm FC 14.5
9/5 10am FC 13.5
9/6 4pm FC 8.0
9/7 8am FC over 5.0 (Chlorine Test (OTO))
9/8 815am Added 2 lbs CYA to get if from 30 to 60
9/9 9am FC 8.5 Also added 1 lb CYA to bring CYA from 60 to 75
9/10 730pm FC 7.0
9/11 Added 4 boxes of Borax and 112 oz of Acid to offset the PH and TA rise.

9/7 8am FC over 5.0 (Chlorine Test (OTO)) The FC was unknown since I used the OTO test on this day. The OTO only measures up to 5.0

The CYA was at 30 during the SLAM. The daily FC test was results from after the SLAM. The SWG was off most of time during these results because I was letting the FC drop to the recommended range of 4 to 5 ppm. I only had the SWG running on 9/8 for 5 hours.(Pump was on for 12 hours daily). I noticed that the FC jumped up to 8.5 so I left the SWG off a few more days until the FC dropped to 5.0
The SWG does not have percentage. Only can be adjusted by hour increments, 2 hours to 12 hours, plus a boost mode setting.
The FC never dropped below 5.0. And it passed the OCLT for 4 straight days before I decided to stop the SLAM. I think it is safe to say the Chlorine level is not the problem here.

That pattern of intakes and return, all pretty close together in one side of a rectangular pool, looks like a huge challenge as far as getting good circulation. I don't know if there is a good solution, short of modifications of pool and equipment. More frequent brushing than usually recommended, maybe, to compensate for circulation challenges?

Edited to add: Maybe it's worth sampling from several spots in the pool for comparison FC tests, especially down in the corners farthest from the return, where it seems circulation might be bad. Some people use a length of pvc pipe to sample deeper water - lower it in gently, cover the top end of the pipe, lift out... If you see differences in chlorine levels in different parts of the pool (all sampled at about the same time for fair comparison), that would be interesting to know.

61t0TCJ7BbL._SL1000_.jpg
Here is a picture of the return jet. The center piece is adjustable. I now have it aimed towards the far left corner. Downwards and away from the intakes.

I will attempt to fix the circulation issue. I intended to upgrade the hoses to PVC pipes so I guess it is time to make some modifications to the system.
What modifications can be done to improve the circulation?
I saw someone upgraded to the Hayward Skimmer Kit
Amazon.com : Hayward SP1091WM Dyna-Skim Above-Ground Pool Skimmer Kit : Swimming Pool Skimmers : Patio, Lawn Garden

Also saw a jet return nozzle but unsure it will fix the circulation problem.

What modifications can be done to improve the circulation?
Put the return and the suction lines opposite each other at the long ends. Ideally, two returns on end end and two skimmers on the other would be good. Short of that, your one skimmer is probably adequate

Also your problem with algae returning maybe a result of trying to run a SWG pool with too low CYA. The test results you posted show a CYA of 30. The recommended CYA is 70-80.

I think singingpool and duraleigh may of found the problem. This morning I took apart the return jet to clean it and when I installed it, I notice air escaping along the threads of the return jet. I used plenty of teflon tape and the flow is much better. The pool is changing from a green tint to a blue tint.
I still plan on upgrading to PVC pipes.
Found this thread to aid my modifications. Useful links for fellow Intex Pool Owners

Thank you all for your suggestions and inputs.

OP increased CYA to 80 after SLAM (post #1) (this in response to chiefwej's concern, above).

Moving/adding intakes and returns can be done, but involves cutting new holes in the walls of your pool - a bit nerve-wracking for sure. Quite a few people have successfully made such modifications - OP, if you are interested in doing this sort of thing, do a search on the forum and I'm sure you will find multiple threads describing the process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.