slammed pool but keep losing 6 fc

thank you all, i have added it:
17,000 gal pebble tech in ground pool no spa, southern ca.- cartridge filters- 1 hp pump single speed, solar heated, 10 years old.

how long (in days) do you think it will take to get a new pool of water to the right chemistry? I have to leave for a week on Monday and not sure if i should drain it now or wait.

thanks

Once you get your CYA in range, adjusting the pH takes an hour. Then you need to SLAM the pool to eliminate any remaining nasties that are hiding ... and that takes as long as it takes.

How are you planning to maintain adequate FC in the pool for the week you are gone?

You should be able to find a SWG for around $1k maybe a little less and the install if fairly easy if you have ever done any PVC and electrical ... so that quote seems high to me.

Well if your wife can add bleach, teach her how to test and she can continue the SLAMing if required.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.