SLAMING pool and swimming

Re: Day 7 of my SLAM

Absolutely.

FC has been consistently OVER my SLAM number most of the time. The remainder I've been at my number.
I vacuum all the grey smutch out to waste. Its not much, usually along a seam of the wall/floor and right around my floor drains. The rest of the pool gets a brush (walls, floor). I use the brush with the whale fin on it, so I know I'm getting good pressure/contact w/ the brush. 2 days ago I had no smutch at all, but this morning I found some more.
I backwash the filter maybe ever 3 days even though I don't even gain a pound of pressure on it. Aside from day 3 of the SLAM, my sight glass is clear.
Pump hasn't turned off in a week.

Last fall I *did* douse with Sodium Bromide (pool store got me). I know it takes awhile to get rid of the bromine; I suppose there could still be a residual there maybe? I know bromine eats chlorine.

Oh, and yesterday my wife did find a small bead of yellow on my skimmer plates where the floor of the mouth meets the sidewall of the mouth. It was probably there all along, but I got the toothbrush out and really went at the whole skimmer assemblies this time. That was around 2pm, I was hoping by 9 when I took my readings that whatever would've gotten eaten from that would have already happened.

Other than that, you'd never know I even have a problem. I can read a dime on the deep end of my 6'.

Oh, and this is mustard algae i'm fighting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.