SLAM without a main drain?

Hi all!

I can see the bottom! The pool is definitely changing to blue and the clarity is really coming through. I would love to show you all a pic, but the website won't let me . :(

The FC was at 18 this morning & I lost a bit today - very sunny here in Chicago. I was down to 12, but added 1.7 jugs of 8% to bring it back up to 18. Scrubbed, put the robot in & made sure the pump was still doing its job. I cannot believe what a difference there is today. We may be ready to go by next weekend!

yourphotos

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Marfy, are you able to see where the pipe from the main drains comes out of the ground and is capped off? Or is the pipe just not to be found?

If the latter, what do you see at the bottom of your skimmer, with the basket removed? Do you see two holes, and one of them is blocked off? Or do both holes appear to be attached to pipes?

(For those that have read my other posts, yes, I have an obsession about checking to see if the float valve has been removed. :) "Professional" pool guys often have no clue what they are or how they work, so even though the pool was inspected, it could still be a simple solution like this.)

Tom, pipe is no where to be found. At least that I can see…

Just one hole in the skimmer.

I just checked my FC and we only lost 1ppm last night. We are definitely clearer, but still cloudy, so I am keeping at it. I am home from work today, (my daughter's Kindergarten Graduation!!), so I will have more time to scrub and check my levels.

WHen can I take a full set of numbers? We have had a lot of rain lately, which may have messed with my PH.

Cool, Thanks Lisa! We can almost see the bottom of the dive well. I think we may be looking at trying the overnight test in the next few days.

Just checked & saw my FC fell to 11.5 from 5:40 this morning (we have been gone all day). Added 2 more jugs per pool math, to bring us to 18. I should be able to hold for a few more hours...

20150530_091513.jpg

Today's view. It is very overcast today, so hard to see the sparkle..

We can see the drain cover in the deep end! It is still cloudy a bit, so we will continue to hit hard today and see where we are tonight. Lost 3.5 ppm last night. Added 96oz to get us back to 18. Fingers crossed that we are getting close.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.