SLAM - Water Features?

Jun 9, 2014
SD
This is my 6th summer using the TFP method. I am starting day 5 of a SLAM due to brown "dust" (algae) on bottom of pool and along seems and in wrinkles on stairs. I am brushing and using Dolphin to clean everyday and backwashing when needed. Water is crystal clear (see pics).

I cannot find the source of algae. I did notice the basketball hoop that sits on edge of pool had something growing in it - perhaps a small amount of that water was leaking into the pool? I cleaned that out and moved it away from the pool for now. I've cleaned the stairs and don't see any evidence of algae. I brush around the light fixture but have not removed it and don't know how to do that? Also, I have 5 water features - they squirt water back into the pool - rarely turn those on. I've noticed some posts suggest to clean those - but I am not sure how? CYA when I started was 40 and I retested it yesterday after reading something about that and it is now 30?

I lost 2 ppm on my OCLT last night. Pool is covered when not in use. I appreciate any input!

My numbers:
Pre SLAM
PH 7.4
FC 7
CC .5
CYA 40

Current Slam
FC 18
CC 0.5
CYA 30
Temp around 81

Attachments

• IMG_6970.jpg
    IMG_6970.jpg
    660.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6971.jpg
    IMG_6971.jpg
    473.8 KB · Views: 9
What kind of light do you have? Is it the standard large light with a hollow niche behind it? If so, there is probably a single screw at the top of the retaining ring holding it in. If you have the smaller LED lights, there won't be a niche so you don't have to remove it. As for the water features, some cannot be cleaned internally. All you can do is run the chlorinated water through them periodically.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.