Slam Time in Louisiana

Hey guys. I'm back to update an older thread. If it's suggested I start a new thread, I'll do so. I've got my pool at the following numbers right now:

FC 3 to 6 PPM
CC 0
Ph 7.5
TA 70
CH 210
CYA 30 to 40

My CYA has still been gradually dropping. To this point I've attributed it to extreme sunlight/evaporation, large amounts of rain, the auto fill, and to some extent the normal oxidation from FC that can occur. I performed a bucket test with the pump off and did observe a differential between the pool and bucket loss (about 2 times drop). As I've mentioned, we have an older pool that came with our recent house purchase. This includes highly degraded plaster with chunks missing and the potential for plumbing leaks. Our plan is to maintain the pool with a little additional cost until we decide to resurface the pool. I can keep the FC. Ph, CH, and TA at the optimal levels with little problem. Until we decide to perform the big fixes, I'm just going to stay on top of the stabilizer with a sock. This requires maybe a few pounds a week. In short, I can maintain everything right now and enjoy the pool, but until we fix any potential plumbing and surface issues, it'll be a little more work.

Am I missing anything here or is there a better way to handle this. I actually though about killing two bird by using trichlor tablets, but it seems to me that it'll be easier to keep a handle on Ph and TA by still using liquid bleach.

Thanks for y'alls help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.