Illinois
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
You would think I’d be en expert at this after last year. After digging all the gross caulking off my skimmer yesterday I decided I better perform and OCLT. Pool is crystal clear, but I know better than to trust that. I did loose over night. After my first addition I tested after 30 minutes. I was not at SLAM. I added more. Waited an hour. I’m still not at SLAM. My bleach could be bad. My CC is not rising. FC has gone up, but not at SLAM. (Going to check CYA again).

Get new bleach, keep Slaming?

You would think I’d be en expert at this after last year. After digging all the gross caulking off my skimmer yesterday I decided I better perform and OCLT. Pool is crystal clear, but I know better than to trust that. I did loose over night. After my first addition I tested after 30 minutes. I was not at SLAM. I added more. Waited an hour. I’m still not at SLAM. My bleach could be bad. My CC is not rising. FC has gone up, but not at SLAM. (Going to check CYA again).

Get new bleach, keep Slaming?
If your FC isn’t at SLAM level you haven’t started the SLAM yet. 😉 but yes keep at it if the FC isn’t holding very well. If the water is clear and you don’t have any CC it should be pretty quick process.

If your FC isn’t at SLAM level you haven’t started the SLAM yet. 😉 but yes keep at it if the FC isn’t holding very well. If the water is clear and you don’t have any CC it should be pretty quick process.
It’s hard to know if I’m hitting slam. If you look at my logs I am co sisterly testing at 1 hour intervals. I could be but it isn’t holding. But I also don’t have CC. So I am even more confused. It is very windy today though.

If the bleach is old it won’t hurt the pool. It just won’t help the way it should. Might as well keep adding what you have if you have it, and then get fresher stuff when that runs low.

If the bleach is old it won’t hurt the pool. It just won’t help the way it should. Might as well keep adding what you have if you have it, and then get fresher stuff when that runs low.
I already went and bought new. All additions this afternoon are new

Reactions: IceShadow
It’s hard to know if I’m hitting slam. If you look at my logs I am co sisterly testing at 1 hour intervals. I could be but it isn’t holding. But I also don’t have CC. So I am even more confused. It is very windy today though.
You’re close enough to 20 so good job. Probably don’t need to do it every hour since it seems to be holding but no worries if you do keep up that pace.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.