SLAM process two weeks and cloudy?

TX Splash, I am in Pleasanton so not far from you. I just got home and it is pouring. CYA test is further out since usps already shipped the first one back saying it was damaged and leaking. I will probably go ahead and reorder and hope for the best.

Bill

I think I am finally done with my SLAM...
pool is clear
OCLT was good FC was 15 last night, it rained and it was 14.5 this morning
CC was virtually non existent....pale pink which one drop cleared up

BTW, I tested CYA since I had enough for one more test. It was about 30 to 35 would be my best guesstimation.

I hope all remains good but we have rain forecasted for the next several days.

I will let it drift down to 4 and then run full battery of tests.

Thanks to all for the assistance.

Bill

Strange it's green again. Algae!
I checked all my levels.
FC was 4 yesterday afternoon
PH was 7.4
TA was 125
I added acid and bleach to bring chlorine up to 16. Checked it again this afternoon and it is 13.
Not sure what has changed. We had a few showers and I reduced pump run time but FC has been maintained at 4???

Perhaps it's the seasonal change. By that I mean our temps shot-up after last week's storms. Very warm including the water. Warm water is a gold mine for algae. So we have to do two things as we approach summer:
1 - Ensure we have adequate CYA protection from the sun
2 - Continue to increase FC for that particular CYA

I understand about never dropping below an FC of 4, but if your CYA can't protect the chlorine, it may have dropped quicker at some point (maybe). If by chance your CYA is actually a bit higher than you thought from all the work before, you may need a higher FC range. You did the right thing by increasing immediately. Simply confirm the CYA first. If it's still between 35-40, then the FC of 16 is fine. Once you complete this round, you might consider increasing CYA to 50. Of course you would have to increae your FC range as well on a normal day, but your pool may demand it because of the increased UV intensity.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.