SLAM or do a OCLT first?

My pool is currently consuming 1-1.5ppm per day with a CYA of 70. Your pool seems to be doing something similar.

Pretty much where I'm at.

Only dropped from 10 to 9.5 from this am to this pm with the SWCG putting in 0.6 over 8 hrs.

As the pump is off now, I'll retest tomorrow am and then hopefully I can start doing a full checkup. We've had practically 0 sun with the wildfire overcast coming down this way.

Not totally surprised it hasn't really dropped much.

Look at you dancin'!!!!

pas de deux dance GIF by New York City Ballet

Reactions: summertimesadness
Now that my FC is under 10.. time to do other tests.

PH is a bit of a Crud shoot with colors. I'm seeing 7.6 to 7.8.. thoughts?

Anybody use this pH Meter ? Might make my life a little easier.

TA came in at 60. Hadn't budged from a few weeks ago.

Attachments

• 20230609_121938.jpg
    20230609_121938.jpg
    497.9 KB · Views: 5

The aspera is a better meter if you are going to get one. I got one and never use it, took too much time. And you have to constantly calibrate.

If the color is in the block good to go. It 8 lower it a bit.

The aspera is a better meter if you are going to get one. I got one and never use it, took too much time. And you have to constantly calibrate.

If the color is in the block good to go. It 8 lower it a bit.
Can you repeat the last line.. sorry. Did you mean "If 8 lower it a bit" ?

So, if that's the case, I'll take another test in a day or so and see if it rises at all.

Yeah, sorry. Fat Fingers.

If the color you see is on the block, you are fine. When you get to an 8 color, lower to 7.6. Rinse and repeat. Don't shoot for perfection, any pH in the 7s is fine...

Reactions: summertimesadness

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
For testing, its the general rule I guess to test after the pump has been running for 30 minutes.

Can one test tho if one cannot be there when the pump turns on and wait for 30 minutes...

Are they rules or more.. guidelines?

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    922.9 KB · Views: 1
Can you turn the pump on for 30 minutes?
Ended up doing that late last night just to test.

Came in at 9, the same as the day before (but mid day). I left the SWCG putting in 1.5. I'll know this evening if that's gonna be the sweet spot for keeping it roughly 9 a day. Dance, dance dance!

Reactions: PoolStored
Ok, I almost sh*t myself. (Excuse my French)

Came home today and did a walk around the pool. Did a bit of skimming, checked for any noticeable stuff.. and nothing. Quick pool test and the CL is 9, PH is 7.8 and everything is normal.

2 hrs later, I am outside having dinner when I take another peak and see what I thought was a return of algae. I quickly take the brush and push it, not the huge cloud that I had seen time and time again from previous bouts of algae. It just, disappears. At this point, the water hadn't been circulating for 2 hrs. I brush the walls, nothing. I think I got some more gray hair.

Did the circulation stopping for a couple hours allow pollen to sink and that's what was accumulating?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.