Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
FC 1
CYA <30
PH yellow (<7)
TA 110

Pool has gone cloudy in 1 day! Had no idea my numbers were so out of whack.

Before I SLAM, what should I do about the pH? PH was 7.2 day before so I had already put in 1 box (1.84kg) of Borax.

Should I put in stabilizer before or as I’m SLAM-ing? I use the thick liquid one.

Thanks so much.

Your pH cannot drop unless you added acidic products. Are you using trichlor?
If you use liquid stabilizer, you must use the entire bottle of it as it separates quite badly. We recommend using the granular stabilizer.
Do raise the CYA to 30 ppm then follow the SLAM Process

Your pH cannot drop unless you added acidic products. Are you using trichlor?
If you use liquid stabilizer, you must use the entire bottle of it as it separates quite badly. We recommend using the granular stabilizer.
Do raise the CYA to 30 ppm then follow the SLAM Process
No we use liquid chlorine. It was 7.2 so we added borax and 2 days later it’s 7. Should I add more borax before SLAM-ing, during, or after?
We’ve always used the entire bottle of liquid stabilizer. Do you think it would take too long for me to raise CYA with granular stabilizer if I want to SLAM today?

Do you think it would take too long for me to raise CYA with granular stabilizer if I want to SLAM today?

Put the granular stabilizer into the water in a sock to get it dissolving and begin the SLAM Process.

Assume the stabilizer is in the water. It will catch up during the SLAM Process.

You say you use liquid chlorine but your signature says Hayward chlorine feeder.

Do you have any tablets in the chlorine feeder?

You can do the SLAM Process with your low pH water.

Fix your algae problem and then we will need to figure out what is lowering your pH.

What is the pH, TA, and CH of your fill water?

You can do the SLAM Process with your low pH water.

Fix your algae problem and then we will need to figure out what is lowering your pH.

What is the pH, TA, and CH of your fill water?
Okay so I found out what the problem was. I opened the newer pH indicator solution that I bought and used that instead and now it’s saying pH = 8 lol
I thought using a 2-year old stuff would be okay. Do you replace all the stuff in your kit annually?

I thought using a 2-year old stuff would be okay.

Depends how the reagents are stored. Heat or cold will age them quickly.

Do you replace all the stuff in your kit annually?

I get new ones every other year. My reagents are stored indoors in a dark place at room temperatures.

Reactions: Myleneds

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.