el duderino

Jun 15, 2008
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am currently in the SLAM process and Thursday will be two weeks. I have kept my FC at 14 with a few dips to about 10ppm for the entire time. I still have visible algae and am having 6ppm overnight loss. What should I do other than stay the course? Do I need to raise my CYA? I use the TFP approved Taylor test kit:

FC: 10+ (for almost two weeks)
CC: 0.5m (this has remained constant throughout)
PH: Was 7.2 prior to start. (has for sure gone up due to aeration)
CYA: 30
Water Temp: 92F (unusually hot 100+ temps)

Have you rechecked cya? Are your certain of the level?
How often are you testing & replenishing fc to slam level?
I have my stenner pump runnig 10 minutes every hour during the night and 15 during the day. I check it 3-4 times a day and add if needed during the heat of the day. The only time it's gone below SLAM is when I was out of town for a day or when I turned off overnight to check loss. CYA was checked again this morning and reads 30. I have added some conditioner to the skimmer this morning to bring it up to 40-50.

I should add I was unable to brush daily for about 4 days due to throwing out my back (from brushing I presume lol).

Great about the stenner👍🏻
Raising cya means you need to increase slam fc level, you don’t wanna go any higher than 40/50 cya. But whats done is done.
FC/CYA Levels
Let’s make sure you’re doing all the other things aside from maintaining fc at the proper level.
👇
*Check & scrub every nook & cranny where algae may hide (light niches, steps, drain covers, ladder handrails, skimmer throats/weirs, abandoned lines, autofill, overflow drains, etc.)
*If water can go there, algae can thrive there.
*Run slam level water through all water features & lines for at least a couple hours a day during the SLAM Process.
*Brush & or vac daily (this breaks up biofilms that algae uses to protect itself from chlorine)
*Backwash/clean filter when pressure rises 25%over clean pressure.

I need to remove my lights (they need to be replaced) but I can’t seem to figure out how they come out. They are PAL Treo, I think they should just screw out.

Also, I’m starting to wonder if my capped off booster line where my Polaris used to live could be the culprit. If I connect it, would it get water flowing through it even without a booster pump?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.