gumbo012
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hey guys, don't post much because all the info I have ever needed is found reading through older posts. I have been battling algae and a cloudy pool for 30 days (Know this because my pool was awful the day I returned from vacation). Made the mistake of going to my local pool store as I thought if they give the test results, I'll compare to my test results to confirm. Short story, pool cleared up and a few days using the recommended chemicals from the pool store, initially, then started going very light green. Went back to pool store and this is where it went wrong. The recommended shock reacted with the algae control they recommended and the chlorine turned the copper in the algae control as green as an emerald. Had to utilize metal out and got the green under control, but the algae returned with a vengeance. It was that point I got serious and started the SLAM method. Boy did I go through some bleach! I also learned that regents do indeed have a shelf life and after todays test with new regents, I am happy to report that after three gallons of bleach last night that my FC is back in line after a full day of pump running in 100° heat. This is the first time since the SLAM started that there was FC after a full day. Thanks to all those who contribute to countless threads.
My question is, the FC is at 3.5, PH is 7.5, CYA is 40, calcium and salt levels in line, so should I continue to run the pump overnight and engage the SWG during this time? SWG at 100%? Thanks in advance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.