SKIN Microplaster

BaseCrete is a fantastic product and is used on very high end all-tile pools. I might have missed it but I don't see how BaseCrete is connected with this Skin product?

I have a worn out pebble finish that this could be a good solution to smooth it out and refinish it...and I'm always up for experimenting. My last experiment didn't go so great though 🔥:cry:
See post #5…

SKIN Microplaster is made of micro-ceramics, created with the science of Basecrete, which is a proprietary bond coat for waterproofing surfaces susceptible to water penetration.

Unlike regular pool plaster that uses an admixture of white Portland cement, marble dust, and other additives, microplaster combines our patented dry compound and resin to create a thin but impermeable protective layer around the pool surface, both vertically and horizontally.

SKIN Microplaster is built on the technology of BASECRETE, a proprietary waterproof bond coat designed to create an impervious barrier against water damage.

This makes SKIN ideal for waterproofing a wide range of concrete surfaces, with its prime application being a protective coating for in-ground concrete swimming pool shells.

Interesting EcoFinish was mentioned in the first video and I'm getting a very similar vibe from the company and literature. A waterproof non-cementitious pool coating would be ideal but I haven't found anything yet that's positives outweigh the negatives.

Reactions: JamesW
… A waterproof non-cementitious pool coating would be ideal …

We call that a “vinyl liner” 😂

I get what you’re saying. In a pool made with a concrete structure, it would be ideal to have a surfacing material that is chemically nonreactive and easy to repair and clean as well as remain color-fast under operating conditions. Materials like that exist of course but the cost of installation couldn’t be justified except maybe for Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk. Tiling a pool and using epoxy grout is probably the closest thing you can get to a perfect pool surface … when I win the lottery someday ….

Paint, fiberglass and epoxy are also non cementitious.
I think I saw pool like that once - the original owner painted the pool, then the next guy installed fiberglass over the paint, and then the poor schmuck that owned it third decided to just slap epoxy over the whole surface in the hopes it would stop leaking … 😂

I think I saw pool like that once - the original owner painted the pool, then the next guy installed fiberglass over the paint, and then the poor schmuck that owned it third decided to just slap epoxy over the whole surface in the hopes it would stop leaking … 😂
Maybe I’ll try coating an entire pool with epoxy grout🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Newdude and JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Mesothelioma and lead "poisoning" are LIES maaaaan .... its just the government's way of controlling us. The Romans had lead water pipes and they controlled the whole world ....look it up!! The EPA is really a trans-national cabal of bureaucrats funded by billionaires to control the water we drink and the air we breath ... they can lower the oxygen concentration of the planet at any time using space lasers and volcanos to make us comply .... it all goes back to the Knights Templar and The Freemasons .... they're everywhere maaaaan ....

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Newdude and JamesW
The old epoxy paint was good when it had the powerful solvents.

Some old timers even mixed in asbestos and lead to make it even stronger.

You can still get the real stuff, but you have to go to Vietnam, Cambodia or Laos to find it.
I once heard of a stainless steel pool on the top of a hotel.

They had it coated in AquaBright:neutral:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.