Skimmers how many ?

Oasis 59

Mar 18, 2019
Florida
I’m in the process of having an inground pool/spa put in and decided to have an enclosure done at the same time. I noticed on the revised contract they only have one skimmer listed on the revised contract whereas the original had 2 skimmers. The salesman said that because I was adding an enclosure I didn’t need 2 skimmers but when I read more about skimmers it seems it’s not only important to keeping the pool clean but for water circulation.
Should I insist on the 2 skimmers that were on the original contract and should I have two even if there is an enclosure?
The pool is 16x30 with a 6’ Spa

Welcome to the forum! :wave: The enclosure should help keep debris from blowing-in and settling onto the water's surface. So in that regards the cover is a positive thing requiring less skimmer work, plus a cover keeps those Jumbo 747 FL-sized mosquitos at bay. :) Even if you didn't have the cover, it would probably still be fine. My pool is 16x40 and I have one skimmer at the deep end. Water "pull" is fine, and I have an adequate amount of return jets to give me good circulation. I personally don't see it as a big issue unless by design you actually paid for two skimmers. You may receive other comments as well. Thanks for using the forum.

You don't need two skimmers, but they need to give you credit for the skimmer they removed... If you want two, find out what the additional cost might be and decide if you want to do it or not. I can't see it making much of a difference one way or the other with a screen room.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Welcome to the forum! :wave: The enclosure should help keep debris from blowing-in and settling onto the water's surface. So in that regards the cover is a positive thing requiring less skimmer work, plus a cover keeps those Jumbo 747 FL-sized mosquitos at bay. :) Even if you didn't have the cover, it would probably still be fine. My pool is 16x40 and I have one skimmer at the deep end. Water "pull" is fine, and I have an adequate amount of return jets to give me good circulation. I personally don't see it as a big issue unless by design you actually paid for two skimmers. You may receive other comments as well. Thanks for using the forum.
Thanks for the information

If he's on the ball, he'll reply that he reduced his quote for the screen house by the eliminated skimmer. So you've already been given credit for it! :cool:

With two, you'll want them to be pulling in at the same strength, and if they aren't you'll be upset. So with one, that will never be an issue. That's called being positive.

But yes, many folks have one and, in your clean house, you'll be in good shape.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.