Skimmer with two lines

Jun 9, 2016
Trumbull, CT
Hello all,
I have a suction side leak so I did some digging at one of the skimmers. I found that the skimmer has two lines - a 1-1/2" flex on the bottom and a 1" pvc pipe near the top. Any thoughts on what the pipe near the top was used for? It's a vinyl pool built sometime in the 70s.
Thank you in advance,
-Bob

Attachments

• IMG_4882.jpg
    IMG_4882.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 16
The small line looks like an autofill or drain. Does it connect to a small opening in the back of the skimmer at or just above normal water line?

The small line looks like an autofill or drain. Does it connect to a small opening in the back of the skimmer at or just above normal water line?
Thanks mknauss! It is in back of the skimmer and just above the normal water line. Looks like it had been abandoned at some point since I don't see it at the equipment pad. We're changing the pool deck so I may bring the line back to the pad and use it to top off the water level. The kids like the pool at 85-90F so we have a lot of evaporation.

Have not yet found that dang suction side leak. Any tips or tricks on finding that?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.