Skimmer parts issue

thebosman

Gold Supporter
Apr 8, 2019
Louisiana
I have a wide mouth thru wall skimmer like the picture I attached to this thread. I only need a back cover and lid but this style skimmer does not seem to be available any longer.
The hole in my wall is 5 5/8" x 12". Could any one recommend a good skimmer replacement that would fit my hole? It would seem the Hayward SP1091WM would work but the dimensions are a little different.
Also, I just replaced my liner, etc. so this skimmer change would be while the pool was water. So much for trying to get it all done before filling.....

Attachments

• Skimmer.jpg
    Skimmer.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 6
Sorry for the late reply,
It looks like you may need to use a repair plate like this
WM0 Pool Wide Mouth Skimmer Repair Kit https://a.co/d/5u0K69N
They are currently a bit pricey so if you know someone handy with metal/stainless they might can make you one.
IMG_6517.jpeg
Aside from the skimmer hole dimensions you also must consider where the screws will go as they must have metal to support them.
Is the area where the skimmer is a stainless panel? You will need to use caution with any cutting tool/drill to prevent slag/hot shavings from getting on the liner.
The water will need to be a few inches below the skimmer for the wall repair.
If you haven’t already cut the liner for the current skimmer you should be good to go there. If you have, you may require a patch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.