Skimmer lid/extension issue

JT4IV

Oct 6, 2023
Indialantic, FL
Hello,
We recently had paver work done over top of our pool deck. I bought a collar extension that they installed to make the lid flush with new pavers. Problem is the lid does not sit flush in the collar it sits recessed. Any solutions?

Extension Collar - Pentair 85002300
Skimmer Lid - Pentair 85007400Z

IMG_0330.jpegImage.jpeg

Hello,
We recently had paver work done over top of our pool deck. I bought a collar extension that they installed to make the lid flush with new pavers. Problem is the lid does not sit flush in the collar it sits recessed. Any solutions?

Extension Collar - Pentair 85002300
Skimmer Lid - Pentair 85007400Z

View attachment 534379View attachment 534378
Looks like that extension should take a U3 skimmer lid, one of the most used models. They also come in gray to more closely match that deck.
Frame-and-Lid-for-U-3-Skimmer-Gray

I wish they had one local I could try instead of ordering online. Looking at what you sent I may need both the collar and the lid with the collar being the piece that will raise the lid to flush
The dimensions of that lid can be found online. It looks like it would easily sit in the recess around the existing extension.

Based on the extension you have the correct lid and collar are 85000400 (white).

Pentair white goods catalog

I am not 100% sure how pentair skimmers are but my Hayward ones looks almost the same. The extension goes between the body of the skimmer and the collar that the lid sits on. Your extension looks like it was put on top of the existing lid collar (I could be wrong it's difficult to tell from your picture).

Reactions: Getitrite
Based on the extension you have the correct lid and collar are 85000400 (white).

Pentair white goods catalog

I am not 100% sure how pentair skimmers are but my Hayward ones looks almost the same. The extension goes between the body of the skimmer and the collar that the lid sits on. Your extension looks like it was put on top of the existing lid collar (I could be wrong it's difficult to tell from your picture).

Sorry Bill, I didn't read your suggestion correctly ... But that's what I thought, as well. :cool:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Installed pavers and had to use an extension. The extension went between the top section (lid and lid support) and the bottom section. The extension I purchased was not designed to replace the complete top assembly. What you used looks identical to the extension I used.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.