skimmer housing crack

bobwatson

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
My skimmer housing (my word for lack of a better) is cracked at the back of the assembly at the basket seating level where it joins the vertical section reaching up to the pool deck. The skimmer basket seat down to the pump supply inlets are in tact. There does not to appear to be any leakage yet, but there will be. I would appreciate a suggestion for an acceptable sealant/adhesive that can get me through this year's pool season (end of September) and any suggestion for permanent repair that may not involve digging out the pool deck.

I am at the end of a slam, but will lower the water level to do the temporary repair, hopefully by the end of this week.

Thanks, you all for a great website and great service.

Hi Bob, I was wondering what fix was successful for your crack in the skimmer housing. I have an external vertical crack in my skimmer housing that is dripping. I think it was caused by having the plate that the vacuum hose attaches to being sucked down from the pump. My pool is an a/g 28' round vinyl pool. The skimmer is an ivory colored plastic .Thanks for any info!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.