PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hi. I am trying to understand my current settings. The picture shows my current setting for main drain and skimmers. Any suggestions if should set it differently? This is how my pool company left it when we opened the pool.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_7055.jpeg
    IMG_7055.jpeg
    549.9 KB · Views: 7
John,

I would shut the main drain off or at least almost off... This will make your skimmers work a little better. Turn the handle of the main drain valve so that it point to the skimmers valve.. This will shut off the main drain, which is just not needed..

I would also find which of the two skimmers is the closest to the pad.. I'd then adjust the skimmer valve so that the far skimmer has about the same suction as the near skimmer.. To do that, take the skimmer baskets out and just use your hand to feel how much suction each skimmer has..

The near skimmer will almost always have much more suction that the far skimmer... I like to try to adjust them so they are about the same, but in the big picture, it is not a major issue, one way or the other.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: johnfam21
John,

I would shut the main drain off or at least almost off... This will make your skimmers work a little better. Turn the handle of the main drain valve so that it point to the skimmers valve.. This will shut off the main drain, which is just not needed..

I would also find which of the two skimmers is the closest to the pad.. I'd then adjust the skimmer valve so that the far skimmer has about the same suction as the near skimmer.. To do that, take the skimmer baskets out and just use your hand to feel how much suction each skimmer has..

The near skimmer will almost always have much more suction that the far skimmer... I like to try to adjust them so they are about the same, but in the big picture, it is not a major issue, one way or the other.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Very helpful, thank you!