Skimmer Door Weir Broke Off

bpdunlv

Apr 4, 2017
Las Vegas
I have all a Pentair skimmer box. The weir door has two plastic tabs that are inserted into the two small holes in the skimmer box, allowing it to move fluidly. Well one of the tabs broke off my weir door and is stuck inside the skimmer box so the door won't stay in place. I bought a new weir door but cannot install it in the skimmer box because one of the holes has the piece of plastic wedged in there and will not budge. I thought about allowing the water level to lower and then drilling it out, but
(A) It is a very tight space and I would have to find a tiny drill and would be hard to see what I am doing
(B) I am a bit hesitant about drilling too big of a hole or creating a leak.
Even if I drilled it perfectly I don't like the odds that it will work like it should. I have read a bunch of posts on here that sound similar but there does not seem to be any good resolution. Any advice?

Per the post above, I think your best bet is getting one of those universal weir doors with spring loaded pins on the sides. You place it exactly where it is supposed to be (elevation, angle, symmetry), and then you release the pins and they attach to the sides of your skimmer walls, no holes required.
IMG_7893.pngIMG_7894.jpegIMG_7895.jpeg

You could start a drywall screw into the broken tab, enough to grab, and then pull the screw and broken tab out. I get you don't want to do damage and start a leak, so don't let the screw go in too far. Drywall screws are very sharp at the point, so it should go into the broken tab. Can you show a picture of the actual tab still attached to the weir door, and something along with it like a screw to give the tab some scale?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.