SimplePool App for Android. A Review.

Wow this is really bumming me out. I had it on my last droid phone. I thought Google backed up all your apps. Can't find it at all. My tablet that has it is 1/2 way around the world right now in Indonesia. Why would they discontinue this app and make it unavailable?

Has anyone looked at the Poolpal app? When I searched for Simple Pool it gave me that as a result. The app is compatible with the Trouble Free method. I never got a chance to see or use Simple Pool to compare it, but Poolpal looks like it may be similar.

I use PoolPal all the time. It works very well for pH and FC calculations. I think I saw some discrepancies between PoolPal and Pool Math only when it came to the calculated CSI but a very nice app overall. I use it all the time and it's nice that I can set up both my pool and spa to monitor them separately.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The strange thing is that all my apps are backed up in Google except that one all of a sudden. I broke the screens on 3 phones last summer and reloaded the app everytime no prob. What gives ? The pool math calculator works great but is not as user friendly on a smart phone as Simple Pool Pro was. If the app was developed by a member I believe we should get some sort of feedback or explanation as to what happened.

Google only "backs up" apps that are currently listed in the Google Play store. For whatever reason SimplePool is no longer available in the store, and thus not able to be restored to a new or recently reset device.

The developer of the app has not logged into the forum for 2 years. So, airing your frustration here is not likely to help.

I suggest you try to find another app.

Thanks for the info about the developer. Yes I am somewhat frustrated and disappointed. I purchased another app today for after reading the reviews and then I found out it was not what I needed.

Perhaps people here can recommend an app that is similar that suits their needs ?

Airing out my frustrations may indeed help. I'm sure I am not alone. I'm reaching out for help. Thanks in advance.

NEWS FLASH: Late last night I sent messages to the twitter, facebook and email account of the developer. This morning I got a response that he has put it back out on Google Play Store and should be available in a few hours. Great news on getting a great tool back!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.