SIMPLE question: pump basket

Maresa

Aug 28, 2014
Haverhill, Mass
My real question involves possible air leaks and problems with self priming. I may ask those in a follow up.
But for now... simply... is there supposed to be any visible (air) movement in the pump basket or should it be almost hard to even see that there is water in there in the first place?
Thank you. (You all are geniuses, and I have no frame or reference or background knowledge, which is why it is so hard to follow many of the questions and answers here and why I need to keep it simple.)

Ideally, you’d see nothing in the basket but water. Realistically there will often be a bubble or even several. As long as it’s mostly full, it isn’t worth chasing.

If the water level in your pump basket drops after the pump shuts off and has to prime when if restarts you have problem. If you see bubbles out of your return pipes when it starts that is an issue. If you only see some air trapped under your clear lid, relax. :cheers:

I have a single speed pump and I end up with a bubble under the lid right after I clean the basket. It works its way out somehow in a day or two. Usually the day after I've done anything with the pump or filter I open the bleeder and that's the end of the air. When its running right, the only thing I can see through the lid when it's running is the stray leaf that made it past the skimmer dancing around.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.