Gold Supporter
May 22, 2018
Elmhurst, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
First of all, let me get this out of the way.... the pool company that was hired by our HOA some years ago is lame and I'm working on getting them replaced. They shut down the pool equipment a couple weeks ago and the pool is sitting uncovered waiting for them to return to lower water level and cover. This is not unusual, but it is longer then normal this year. In the meantime, I'm trying to keep the pool somewhat clean.... running the vacuum, skimming, etc. I'm also starting to see some algae accumulate.

The pool is drained and cleaned each year. We have a mesh cover and the water is pretty putrid when it's open in the spring.
So....am I just wasting my time given that the pool will be drained in the spring? I've contemplated dumping some chlorine in it and doing some brushing (while keeping the vacuum running daily), but without the filter running I figure I'm probably just fighting a losing battle. I always tried to close my own pool as clean as possible. Should I just let this go.... or is there some merit in trying to keep it as clean as possible until it's covered?

Unfortunately, with algae already growing, you're sort of limited. You can't do a SLAM now, so it's very likely you will have more algae in the spring. You can try to manually chlorinate/brush for a while until the cold drops-in on you, but it won't be ideal. Just do the best you can.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.