Signed contract last night, deposit paid!

OUCH! So the difference is the "training" of the installers? I wonder how good/different the training is to make that big of difference???

Kim

There's also warranty differences. If you use a licensed and trained PebbleTec installer that uses PebbleTec materials, then your pool surface is backed by the full PebbleTec warranty. I know that for some, claims about warranties are dismissed as unimportant. But I do know this, if the PB that builds your pool goes belly up but you have a valid PebbleTec installation, then any surface defects are handled by PebbleTec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b5754d24e964fa9b0c7aaf9b8b1a94c9.jpg

Equipment almost done.

Label everything AND print this picture out and write labels on it and put it in the folder with all of the pool info to have just in case you need it...........this will come in handy if anyone else needs to help you do something with the pool.

Do I see unions? The black by the filter and pumps? If not you need to have them added so you can work on the equipment if needed.

Kim

Kim: I love your avatar! And I'm so glad you added one. Now I can find you even faster when I'm scrolling through a thread! Do you have a story to go with your avatar?

Now to business... I hate to admit it, but what does a union look like? I'm not sure I have unions, and I want to check.
Thanks,
Suz.

Now to business... I hate to admit it, but what does a union look like? I'm not sure I have unions, and I want to check.
Thanks,
Suz.

PVC Unions are a type of O-ring sealed flange that allows for quick release -

LOL on my avatar! That dog looks JUST like my American Bulldog name Boss. It is NOT him though. It is a pic someone sent me as a joke! The bigger pic shows it better. The dog is sitting on a bar stool with a beer by his paw. I am not sure sure who is in the background.

A union is something that comes apart so you can service the equipment. Here is a link to what they look like.

pvc unions - Google Search

You can see the black o-rings inside them. You put o-ring lube on them as needed to help stop leaks. The outer ring of the union unscrews to allow you to separate the two pieces and do what you need to do.

I bet you do have them due to your PB being so good to you.

Kim

Thank you both, Matt and Kim!!! Great team! I'll have to wait until morning to check. I have pictures of the equipment pad inside, but my equipment is the dark gray and some black. I can't tell in the pics. I sure hope I have them.

I used a piece like that when I was repairing a line to a sprinkler head. I just didn't know what it was called. I'm sure when I went to the hardware store, I asked for the thingy that would make it easier to repair the next time!

Suz.

I just didn't know what it was called. I'm sure when I went to the hardware store, I asked for the thingy that would make it easier to repair the next time!

Suz.

It's ok to call it a doohickey-thingamajigger-whoseywhatsit....I won't judge :D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I hope you have better luck with those ball valves than I have. The AZ sun is brutal and after a couple years, every time I tried to turn one the handle would just break. It is nice that the PB gave you unions at all the key connections.

I hope you have better luck with those ball valves than I have. The AZ sun is brutal and after a couple years, every time I tried to turn one the handle would just break. It is nice that the PB gave you unions at all the key connections.

Yes the unions are nice! Funny I said the same thing about those ball valves. I am probably going to cover my equipment with a shade cloth. I'm gonna rig something to go from the block wall behind to the pony wall in front that can be quickly detached for access

Are you doing rocks, sod or turf on the dirt?

Looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Are you doing drip irrigation? I have drip lines all around my pool and yard in a 4-zone irrigation setup. I have a basic programmable irrigation controller but I'm pricing out an upgrade to a WiFi enabled system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Are you doing drip irrigation? I have drip lines all around my pool and yard in a 4-zone irrigation setup. I have a basic programmable irrigation controller but I'm pricing out an upgrade to a WiFi enabled system.

Yup drip. But the trees will be on bubblers and shrubs on drips. I was also going to do in ground drip for the lawn but decided against since it's nice to have sprinklers to wash off the dog urine. Also still have to build a seating wall on the east side of the pool and cover the patio posts with stone columns

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.