Idahomom

Jun 4, 2023
Idaho
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello! First post and first time above ground owner! We got the large 12x24 index pool. We flattend the ground and got to filling but bolth of the longer sides are buckling in. It’s about half way full or just over. We don’t have a strong water flow here. What can I do to fix it? We have lots of plans on what to do around it but want the pool up first. Is this saveable?

Attachments

• IMG_1885.jpeg
    IMG_1885.jpeg
    678 KB · Views: 32
Hello! First post and first time above ground owner! We got the large 12x24 index pool. We flattend the ground and got to filling but bolth of the longer sides are buckling in. It’s about half way full or just over. We don’t have a strong water flow here. What can I do to fix it? We have lots of plans on what to do around it but want the pool up first. Is this saveable?
Welcome! Congratulations on being a AGP owner and for finding TFP! Both of which are going to be awesome for you!

Did you all flatten with sand? Did you compact it really well? Any chance there was a soft spot? Can you tell if the center of the pool is now lower than the outside?

I've done so more research on this and it appears this is "normal". As long as the center is not sinking (which would be rather hard to do unless you have some REALLY soft soil / sand and didn't compact it at all). If the center isn't sinking, just keep going around and around the pool pulling the legs out keeping them from buckling. Once the water reaches close to the top, the sides will go back to place straight.

Also, one thing I noticed is you don't appear to have pavers under your legs, unless you buried them under the sand / dirt. I would STRONGLY recommend you have pavers. If you don't, stop filling now and get some under there. Once the pool is full, you won't be able to lift the legs to put some under them, plus it will change your levelness of the pool, unless you countersink the pavers into the ground. If you don't put pavers, once that soil around the legs gets wet, they will start to sink like rocks. Once they sink, you will have issues with the pool staying level. Once you have issues with the pool staying level, you will have issues with the integrity of the pool ... I.E. it may will eventually collapse completely.

I will try to find an AG owner that has the rectangle pool here and see if they can provide more insight. Confirmed. These pools all but fall in on themselves while filling. Just make sure you are LEVEL when starting and stay LEVEL and keep pulling the legs out. Don't forget those pavers!

Last edited:
I have setup my fair of Intex (mine included) and this is very normal. In fact, the sides will continue to "bow" up until the last 6 inches or so.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.