Should I switch

waterbear said:
mitch08 said:
Ok so I just received my TF-100 test kit and immediately tested the water.

CC - 0
FC - 2
CH - 250
CYA - 0 (although I am a little confused by this test)
PH - 7.2
What is the TA? With your pH at 7.2 your TA might be on the low side and that can be a problem!
But I could tell that after 15 drops if I would have covered and shook, it probably would have turned blue earlier from the shaking.

Thanks!
For the CH test you want to swirl the tube for about 20-30 seconds after EACH drop. This is not a fast test to do. DO NOT SHAKE. At first you will see a purplish color that disappears on swiriling but in a few drops it changes to blue. If you get a purple 'floating endpoint' then you might have metals in your water and there is an alternate way to do this test. If that is the problem we can tell you the alternate way.

NONE of the titration tests should be shaken. the tube should be swirled or you could invest in a magnetic stirrer. The pH/OTO test (comparator tube) should not be shaken either. Cap both sides after adding the reagents and turn it over three or four times.

The only test that should be shaken is the CYA test. Shake for about 30 seconds, let it sit a few minutes, then give it a quick shake again before dispensing into the view tube.

Thanks. That definitely clears things up. I will re-test in a few days. The CH is definitely going to be lower than I thought. I wasnt mixing at all between drops. Its very possible it may only be a 50 to 100. Can this effect the spillover spa in any negative way if it is that low?

I did not test TA yet. I will do that as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.