Should I open this box from T S Pool Supply?

Hudsonbard

May 24, 2021
Orange County, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
This box in the photos below makes me a little nervous.
This prior thread also does not inspire too much confidence. T S Pools
There are a number of one star reviews on Amazon, because they are ugly on returns.

On Amazon, T S Pools say for unopened box returns:
30 Day Return Window FOR UNOPENED BOXES ONLY

Item must be unopened, unused, uninstalled, and re-sellable condition. Customer responsible for all shipping charges to and from.

Customer responsible for all shipping charges to and from TS Pool Supply. This will be deducted from any valid returns.
The story is I found online that cleaning my existing SWG should be a piece of cake, and I could have better control than relying on my pool company. However Orange County Pools made the hand tightened unions so tight the threads of one union were stripped, two strong men could not open it with a crescent wrench and a plumber had to use a 2 foot long wrench to get it off. Meanwile I had broken a PVC elbow in my attempt. So I had my plumber repair the piping so I could keep using the pool. Amazon seemed the fastest way to get a replacement. I did not check out the seller before ordering.

So now, I can open the box, gambling that the unit is good. If not, I would have to rely on Pentair to solve any issues.

Or, in the alternative, I could return this unit through Amazon. Seller will deduct freight, no doubt overcharging and delaying payment. And order from a supplier with more integrity.

There is no perfect choice at this point. What do the gray beards advise?

IMG_3490.jpegIMG_3490.jpeg
IMG_3489.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
My IC60 from a top notch supplier had the same warning. The majority of failures happen outside of the warranty period. Pretty much if it runs the 1st time, your chances are as good as they're going to be.

What size cell is it supposed to be? I don't see a clear marking on the box.
Hopefully an IC40 or IC60.

My IC60 from a top notch supplier had the same warning. The majority of failures happen outside of the warranty period. Pretty much if it runs the 1st time, your chances are as good as they're going to be.
Thanks for your reply. I guess I'll let the plumber install it. This forum is so important for pool newbies like me.

Reactions: Newdude
My box had the same thing.

If I recall correctly, you could open the box from the bottom without disturbing those seals......

not that I would have done,that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.