Shocking Pool how long should fc stay elevated?

CornBelt said:
I wasn't going to test for cc tonight, I just added 4 more gallons and im back up to 35 ppm, guess I will check it in a half hour see how fast it is dropping. is this something that can be done in a few hours. and if I shock at a higher fc level will it speed up the process?
Ignore CC tonight.

Shocking at too high FC can bleach the liner. Best bet is to check it before bed and make sure its above 18. Set the alarm a little earlier and replenish before work back up to 18. After work, recheck FC and CC.

it was just at 35 when I checked it last, but before it would literally drop from 35 to 10 in a hour. I will take your advice and let it be, you know way more than I do im just a rookie (can you tell)

when your pressure starts rising on your filter,(mine has gone up 4 psi since I started shocking) does that mean the algae is dying off and being caught in the filter? sorry prolly a dumb question.

CornBelt said:
Well it did the trick, thanks for the help, but I waaaay over shocked it gonna take a while for the sun to burn it off. what is the highest safe fc level to swim in?
Anything south of shock level for your CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.