Bay Area, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hi folks. 8 month old pool. Went out today get ready for kiddos to swim, turned on the spillover + sheer descents (4 total) and the sheer decents wouldn't come on. 1st time experiencing this issue.

Inspected the pump as we have a smaller pump strictly for sheers and everything looked OK.

What I noticed was the suction pipe isn't drawing water into the pump. I took cover off and ran a hose inside to see if water would make it back into the pool and it does.

Also noticed when turning on from the app the valves never open/close like the main pump valves for pool/spa do...not sure if by design or ? They look to be open in the photo?

Have an email out to builder but wanted to see if this is something I might be a le to address.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240428_123909_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240428_123909_Gallery.jpg
    446.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240428_123333.jpg
    20240428_123333.jpg
    798.1 KB · Views: 11
I also noticed this Jandy smaller pump running my sheers doesn't have an oring like my bigger main pump of that matters.

Water level when pump is off is right below suction side hole. When I turn pump on water drains down but not water is flowing from pool into pump.

Drain plug on bottom is good.

Edit - I found the oring it's attached to the cover lid. Looked dry so lubricated it but didn't fix the issue.

Hi folks. 8 month old pool. Went out today get ready for kiddos to swim, turned on the spillover + sheer descents (4 total) and the sheer decents wouldn't come on. 1st time experiencing this issue.

Inspected the pump as we have a smaller pump strictly for sheers and everything looked OK.

What I noticed was the suction pipe isn't drawing water into the pump. I took cover off and ran a hose inside to see if water would make it back into the pool and it does.

Also noticed when turning on from the app the valves never open/close like the main pump valves for pool/spa do...not sure if by design or ? They look to be open in the photo?

Have an email out to builder but wanted to see if this is something I might be a le to address.

Thanks!
Valve in front of the pump is closed to that pump. Looks like you have a single suction source in the pool and can't run the water-feature pump when filtering.
Giants are winning right now. Go Giants!

Reactions: JC707
Valve in front of the pump is closed to that pump. Looks like you have a single suction source in the pool and can't run the water-feature pump when filtering.
Giants are winning right now. Go Giants!

Sorry should have explained better....

We have 2 main drains in deep end and then 2 side suction ports on the deep end side wall. Looking at my construction photos the 2 side ports on deep end wall feed the sheer descents.

Our sheer descents are running separately from main pump/spa and have been able to filter and run sheers prior. Here is a better photo.

I'm wondering if something is off in my app or web application for Jandy as they just rolled out an update this morning and this is when I started to have an issue.

Go Giants! 😎

Attachments

• 20240428_154911.jpg
    20240428_154911.jpg
    746 KB · Views: 3