Shattered glass in pool! GAH!

RyanMcC

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 18, 2013
NH
Anyone have any great advice (rapidly) for getting a large amount of shattered glass off the bottom of the pool? Thankfully, it was not circulating at the time the table was smashed, thanks to a gust sucking the umbrella out. Worried this is the end for our liner. It's a LOT. Thanks for any help!

Anyone have any great advice (rapidly) for getting a large amount of shattered glass off the bottom of the pool? Thankfully, it was not circulating at the time the table was smashed, thanks to a gust sucking the umbrella out. Worried this is the end for our liner. It's a LOT. Thanks for any help!
I would vac to waste. Once the pool gets low n you need more water, filler back up n do it again. Dont drain the pool. Keep doing it until it's all gone. Once you think it's gone, get in with goggles n scan the bottom to see if there is anything left.

Thank you. I THINK we have it gone. The part we need to do is the scanning with goggles (the water just turned 70 yesterday, brrr). We don't seem to have any water loss at this point, so I think there are no tears (yet). Lesson learned, NO GLASS TOP TABLES on the deck. It wasn't even a windy day at all, so having the table umbrella open wasn't remotely out of the question. Then one gust came, and it caught the umbrella, which lifted the table toward the pool and shattered it right at the pool's edge. And there are TINY pieces, which worries me. There were also huge pieces that the vacuum couldn't get. We very carefully used the brush as a broom, to sweep the pile and large pieces into the pole net, like a broom and dustpan. Buoyancy was too our advantage, I think. It would have been harder in that regard if we drained. Of course, now it's a question mark as to if we missed any (hard to believe that we didn't). It's a small pool, though, which makes it easier. We will keep vacuuming. Hope we dodged this bullet!

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.