Virginia Beach, VA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi folks! Been reading and learning and have found that even with the Pool Math app I still need to go back and dig up info to make sure I'm really understanding why I'm doing certain things. So, I made myself a spreadsheet and thought I'd share in case it's helpful for any other newbies.

Warning I'm brand new to all of this and it's still a little bit of a WIP (especially the yellow parts, which I'm still confirming and figuring out how I'll handle) and I definitely recommend you make your own updates/additions for your specific pool and setup. But feel free to make a copy to use and edit if it's helpful.

especially the yellow parts
Change the PH 'ideal' from the low 7s to the high 7s. (7.6-7.8). SWG pools like to drift up and it will swing less / be more stable if you keep it closer to where it wants to be.

Thanks for sharing. (y)

Change the PH 'ideal' from the low 7s to the high 7s. (7.6-7.8). SWG pools like to drift up and it will swing less / be more stable if you keep it closer to where it wants to be.
Ah. Yeah, I saw conflicting info between Pool Math and one of the articles on the site about SWG and levels, which I asked about in a different thread. So I was just trying to figure out where to land with that. Sticking to the Pool Math levels makes this easier anyhow, so that's good to know.

Reactions: Newdude
Hi folks! Been reading and learning and have found that even with the Pool Math app I still need to go back and dig up info to make sure I'm really understanding why I'm doing certain things. So, I made myself a spreadsheet and thought I'd share in case it's helpful for any other newbies.

Warning I'm brand new to all of this and it's still a little bit of a WIP (especially the yellow parts, which I'm still confirming and figuring out how I'll handle) and I definitely recommend you make your own updates/additions for your specific pool and setup. But feel free to make a copy to use and edit if it's helpful.

thank you for this! saving & printing this :)

Reactions: jodibug
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.