setting up a used 24' above ground

IMHO... In the end, something always seems to push up, roots, rocks... whatever. Gunite pools can get rough or stained. Things happen. Do what you can to get the pool setup. I personally would not put paneling underneath.

I looked and I have something like this (without the blue liner, that looks like a nice addition) $120, shipped to store for free
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Round-Liner-Pad-for-Above-Ground-Pools-24/19862029

0067287520042_180X180.jpg

I want to go with the foam insulation to help with heat retention but aant to know if im getting the right foam boards, it seems $425 is a lot of moneycompared to what othershave said they spent on insulation boards...

The ground on the bottom of the pool is likely to be the least of your heat loss worries. I doubt you will save enough to justify the expense. Seems like a radiant barrier of aluminum foil would work better for heat loss.

Are you installing a gas heater or heat pump?

I'm now having a very serious problem...

the hole we leveled out in the yard can fit a bigger pool...the yard is big so a bigger pool is not a problem. I was thinking 30' and a 52" or 54" height. I like the extra height of a bigger pool and all the extra space over all. we may need a fence on the high side of the slope to meet code (i was thinking about the fences that go on the rails or maybe even a deck on the high side).

I can put up the 24' pool we have possibly this week (as soon as I can find someone to lend a hand) but i'm a little worried about the pool wall and some of the bottom rails (the wall has some minor dents in it and 2 or three of the rails are a little bent). If we go with a bigger pool we'll have to wait at least a couple of weeks for the pool and install (i'm not messing with a new install)not to mention the extra money for pool and install....whats a few weeks and a little bit of money when considering the life of a pool, right??

I don't want to put this up and regret not getting a bigger one...I don't think the kids would mind, but later on they might appreciate the extra height and space of a bigger pool....

what are your thoughts??

If you got the room go for the bigger one. If its in the budget go for the bigger one. If you might regret not getting the bigger one after the fact go for the bigger one. Sometimes bigger is better.

All kidding aside go with your gut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.