DougCFL

Jul 12, 2023
Central Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello. I installed a Calimar 3HP VSP pump and am trying to set the priming speed and duration. I have the updated controller for use with automation (CMARVSPIB). The pump runs just fine, however it primes at 3400rpm for 5 minutes every time it starts (manual or schedule). I haven't yet connected the automation. I'm using the schedule in the pump controller. The manual says to, (after letting the water drain from the pump)
"Turn on the pump and switch to Manual mode to test Priming by operating SPEED1. Take note of the time that the water filled the PUMP HOUSING, then stop the pump. Restart the pump to set the SPEED1/Priming duration."
So that's what I did, and of course, nothing changed. I've talked with the seller (PoolSupplyUnlimited) who referred me to the sales email at Calimar. I received a reply from Calimar with the section of the manual with the priming instructions above, which didn't help. I asked Calimar for more specific steps (like do I disconnect power too?), but they went dark. Is this like setting the clock, where you have a few minutes to set speed 1 after initial powerup (or long press some keys to enter "pump prime mode)? I have speed 1 set with the correct speed and duration for priming, but the pump still runs 3400rpm 5 minutes at each startup. Does anyone here know the specific steps to set the Calimar pump priming speed and duration with the automation controller? Thanks.

Did you scroll through the menu options ? I was playing with my (pentair) last night and besides max speed there was also priming speed and duration settings. It may take some tries to find the right menu within the menu from the main menu.

Just figured it out. It actually was in the paper manual. Here it is... ready?... Long press the Display button (5 seconds) to enter the priming menu. You can set the speed and duration in that menu, use the < and > buttons to navigate the two settings in that menu. A duration of 0 minutes is valid and the priming function will be disabled. Long press the Display button again to exit the priming menu.

Did you scroll through the menu options ? I was playing with my (pentair) last night and besides max speed there was also priming speed and duration settings. It may take some tries to find the right menu within the menu from the main menu.
Yea my previous pump was an Pentair which I did use the menu to set the priming speed/duration. I just didn't know how to get to that menu with the Calimar pump. I did find it though!

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.