Set up spillover

Sep 23, 2015
Austin
Hi
I'm trying to set up spillover mode on my Jandy Aqualink RS4.
Currently the spa runs once a day but just recycles the water from the spa to the filter and back to the spa (normal spa mode) I'd like spillover set to run 2x a day to keep the water in both at the same FC/PH.
I've been reading through everything I can to try to understand what I should do.
I get that I need to switch the Dip #3 to on - currently it is off- see photo. However, aux3 is currently being used for the spa light and I don't have any spare aux.
Any advice would be appreciated.IMG_20230906_125511.jpgIMG_20230906_125752.jpgIMG_20230906_132116.jpg

Hi
I'm trying to set up spillover mode on my Jandy Aqualink RS4.
Currently the spa runs once a day but just recycles the water from the spa to the filter and back to the spa (normal spa mode) I'd like spillover set to run 2x a day to keep the water in both at the same FC/PH.
I've been reading through everything I can to try to understand what I should do.
I get that I need to switch the Dip #3 to on - currently it is off- see photo. However, aux3 is currently being used for the spa light and I don't have any spare aux.
Any advice would be appreciated.View attachment 527897View attachment 527898View attachment 527899
If your return valve is slightly open to the spa while in "pool" mode there is no reason to have to use "spillover" to keep the water in the spa and pool about the same chemically.

Combine Pool Light and Spa Light onto AUX2 to free up AUX3.

It should not be a big deal to have both lights turn on together.

Reactions: proavia
Thanks, I agree that having both lights on is not a problem.
How would I do that? Have both sets of wires going to the Aux 2 together? Do I need to buy a different connector or will both fit into the current one?

How would I do that? Have both sets of wires going to the Aux 2 together? Do I need to buy a different connector or will both fit into the current one?

Just need to move a wire.

Show us the wiring from the CB to AUX2 and AUX3.

You need to move the wires away from the front of AUX3 so we can clearly see what is connected.

We need to be able to see where the other end of each of the wires with colored dots connected to AUX2 and AUX3 go.

Post pics of the entire electrical panel, not just sections.

Move wires away so we can clearly follow the wires we are discussing.

Jandy AUX2.jpg

You need to move the wires away from the front of AUX3 so we can clearly see what is connected.

We need to be able to see where the other end of each of the wires with colored dots connected to AUX2 and AUX3 go.

Post pics of the entire electrical panel, not just sections.

Move wires away so we can clearly follow the wires we are discussing.

View attachment 528073
I've attached 2 photos - one of the complete system and another of the aux 3 wiring.
It's a tangled mess at the bottom but from aux3 the left wire and middle wire have been wired into the same screw connector.
Aux3 wiring - The left wire goes up to Aux2 (left), middle wire goes to power supply on the exterior of the box and the right wire goes to the equipment.

Attachments

• IMG_20230907_142533 aux 3.jpg
    IMG_20230907_142533 aux 3.jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20230907_111926.jpg
    IMG_20230907_111926.jpg
    583 KB · Views: 5
Turn off all circuit breakers to the Aqualink and equipment before touching any wiring.

Move the AUX3 middle wire going to the power supply to the first screw on AUX2 and remove the wire running between AUX3 and AUX2.

Move the wire on the third screw on AUX3 to the third screw on AUX2. There will now be two wires on the third screw. You may want to put some tape on each of those wires and label which is POOL LIGHT and SPA LIGHT.

Last edited:
Turn off all circuit breakers to the Aqualink and equipment before touching any wiring.

Move the AUX2 middle wire going to the power supply to the first screw on AUX2 and remove the wire running between AUX3 and AUX2.

Move the wire on the third screw on AUX3 to the third screw on AUX2. There will now be two wires on the third screw. You may want to put some tape on each of those wires and label which is POOL LIGHT and SPA LIGHT.
I'm confused.
Upper Aux is Aux2 and it doesn't have a middle wire - it has a wire coming from Aux3 on the first screw (left) and the second wire on the second screw goes to the equipment . No wire going to the power.
Aux 3 is the lower one and has the left screw with wire going up to Aux2 left screw, the middle wire is the power and this is connected to the first screw along with the one going up to Aux2. The right wire goes to the equipment.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Let's try this again...

Move the AUX3 middle wire going to the power supply to the first screw on AUX2 and remove the wire running between AUX3 and AUX2.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.