Set multiple heat set points for different times

millsryno

Jan 29, 2021
Scottsdale, AZ
I have a pool with a Pentair Intellicenter. My goal is to have the pool heater set to 90 degrees from 8AM to 10PM. Then at 10PM have the set point programmed to drop to 80 degrees (effectively turning the heater off for a few hours with a minimum set point it won't drop below). Then at 4AM have it bump back up to 85 degrees (effectively prepping it to get back up to 90 when that time comes). This is for a vacation rental property and the pool is open from 8AM to 10PM. I want to make sure the pool is heated up during those times, but during the off hours I want to let it drop a bit so I am not wasting gas keeping the heat topped off. I can play with the temperatures I used in the example above.

I've tried to set different "pool" circuit start and stop times with the different temperatures in my schedule, but the different temperatures don't save. The last one I input is what gets overridden into the other "pool" circuits I have created. I can create the different pool circuits in the schedule, but can't seem to figure out how to have unique temperature settings for each.

Anybody have any advise or workarounds? Gas is so darn expensive and just saving a few bucks here and there will go a long ways.

Thanks.

Mills,

I have an EasyTouch that can do what you want, so would assume that your IntelliCenter could do the same.. That said, I know squat about the IntelliCenter.

Here is an example I use for my spa.. Different temps at different times. Maybe it will give you an idea how it works..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.