East Hampton NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have a newly refinished diamond brite pool and spa and starting to see some staining, generally on patches where the surface is not fully flat (and the stains are appearing on the indentations). I am thinking to add Jack's purple to deal with potential metals (I use well water - used Jack's blue when I started running pump after refinish). Read the label and it talks about measuring the sequestrant level in the pool Jacks test kit. Is this something people do relatively routinely or should I just assume I am starting from zero and add a monthly maintenance dose?

Yes, some builders/refinishers do use some sequestrant when doing a fresh fill. How much, I can't tell you.... I imagine its brand specific? Also I'd not want it to void your warranty in any way?
Have you read the start guide for new plaster??

Don't forget to go online and register your finish also with Diamondbrite

Maddie 🐞

I have a newly refinished diamond brite pool and spa and starting to see some staining, generally on patches where the surface is not fully flat (and the stains are appearing on the indentations). I am thinking to add Jack's purple to deal with potential metals (I use well water - used Jack's blue when I started running pump after refinish). Read the label and it talks about measuring the sequestrant level in the pool Jacks test kit. Is this something people do relatively routinely or should I just assume I am starting from zero and add a monthly maintenance dose?

I’ve used Jack’s Magic Purple Stuff for many years. Initially, I bought their test kit and kept track of the sequestrant level. Over time, I found following the instructions on the bottle for maintenance doses kept the level pretty much where the recommended, so I stopped testing. Occasionally, I might need to tweak the dosage if I noticed the first signs of staining (always on the white steps). At spring opening, usually early May, I would assume there was none left after sitting all winter (early Oct to early May) with nothing added and add the recommended startup dose.

Be aware that I learned there is the potential of the sequestrant interfering with the Taylor K1766 salt test kit recommended here (false high reading).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.