Semi-new pool owner in KY

Jun 4, 2013
Hi all! I used to lurk on this site (for obvious reasons - hello helpful people!) a few years ago when we had an Intex pool. We had it for 3 years and then a storm took it out. We decided not to replace it and instead bought a boat and spent our summers on the lake. This summer, we have been throwing around the idea of getting another pool - while we love our time on the lake, we miss having a pool - so this weekend, we made the purchase. In about 3-4 weeks we will have our new 30x54 AGP installed!

Our pool specs are:
Vogue Panache model 30x54
Resin 8" injection molded top ledge
Resin 6" injection molded uprights
Resin wall channel at top and bottom with built in drainage slots
Aluminum wall
Beaded track liner
Widemouth skimmer
Cartridge filter (I don't remember the brand offhand)
Ionizer
Pool steps, fountain, heavy duty winter cover, auto vacuum, skimmer/cleaning accessories, pool alarm, pool light (color changing w/remote), solar cover

We plan to build a deck around it, with a railing and a gate, and enclose the bottom part of deck (purely aesthetic on my part). One side of the deck will be used for a seating area with the others giving just enough room to get around the pool for cleaning, etc.

So....that's our story! Can't wait to get it installed, filled, and begin enjoying it.

Welcome to the forum! :handshake:

Fun will start! I am sure you have remembered some of the past when operating your first pool. But here are some reminders.

I suggest you read Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Trouble Free Pool School.

Also, hopefully you are not paying extra for the ionizer. They typically add a metal to the water. You really do not want that. Be sure to disable it soon after install.

Take care.

Welcome to the forum! :handshake:

Fun will start! I am sure you have remembered some of the past when operating your first pool. But here are some reminders.

I suggest you read Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Trouble Free Pool School.

Also, hopefully you are not paying extra for the ionizer. They typically add a metal to the water. You really do not want that. Be sure to disable it soon after install.

Take care.

See...that is what I was afraid of. They sold my husband on it. I wanted to use a SWG as that is what we had on our intex pool. Sigh....maybe I can convince him before it gets installed. They are installing the pool 8/2.