Self Designed Pool Build - Phoenix, AZ

It's crazy how reflective the pool is when the water is standing still...I don't know if I've seen a pool quite this reflective before, you can't tell the depth at all when looking at it...any particular reason why it's like that?

71.jpg

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Haha yeah, that's next. :p

Anyone know how difficult it would be for the pool builder to fix the right side table in the pool? It's a tad higher than the left side but I'm thinking it was be crazy to fix it so probably have to live with it (drain pool, remove top somehow...it's cemented on there, grind down the column, fix the Pebble finish...)

Do you think they would have to drain the pool? It looks from the picture that the bottom of the table top is above the water level on both tables. Or, is this an illusion? I am just wondering if they could pop the table top off and grind it down with the water still in there (perhaps at the risk of electrocution).

Does not really matter what it takes or how difficult it would be ... if you do not like it, tell the builder they need to fix it or come to some mutually agreed to compensation.

At this point you have already noticed it and will ALWAYS be the first thing you see when you look at the pool.

HX_Guy said:
It's crazy how reflective the pool is when the water is standing still...I don't know if I've seen a pool quite this reflective before, you can't tell the depth at all when looking at it...any particular reason why it's like that?

71.jpg

Thanks everyone for the comments.
It looks like your pool is super sheltered. A lot of pools either have water features which disturb the water or wind which disrupts the surface which could explain why you're seeing so much reflection. Mine does reflect when it's calm but you wouldn't see it if any of the features are running. Looks beautiful though. :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Couple of night time pictures...

The light was supposed to bounce off the back wall and light up the baja step as well but didn't quite work out that way...anyone know if there's any adjustability to that to maybe tilt it up a bit?

72.jpg

73.jpg

Soooo...spent the whole afternoon driving around to Home Depot stores looking for nice looking Pygmy palms...after going to three different stores, came home with 6 nice looking containers (each has 3 palms in it). Also picked up some pretty sweet urn planters at Lowes...was totally not expecting to find anything good there but we were surprised and they were way way cheaper than what we had found online, like 1/5 of the price!

Gotta plant the palms tomorrow and put some plants in the planters tomorrow but here's a quick picture.

78.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.