Second year pool First year with SWG

iain42

Oct 16, 2016
Little Rock AR
I can't believe I lived without an SWG. It makes water managment so much easier. I am dialing down my run time and percentage as FC has been creeping up from 10. My goal is 6ppmFC. I'll get there. Now the only thing I have to go out and buy regularly is muratic acid to manage PH. The TA and CH don't seem to fluctuate as much. I am curious how beneficial Borates are to managing PH and if I should do this. Is it worth it? Any advice appreciated.....
Thanks!!!
IMG_6147.PNG

Remember that pH test is not reliable when FC is above 10. Wait for your FC to get below 10 before you do any pH adjustments.

Reactions: iain42
I'm in the same boat. SWG is on the lowest setting but I'm gaining FC. All this cool weather and cloudiness has kept the kids out! I've contemplated adding borates too. I eventually abandoned the idea due to the concern of it making my dogs sick if they drink the water.

I'm in the same boat. SWG is on the lowest setting but I'm gaining FC. All this cool weather and cloudiness has kept the kids out! I've contemplated adding borates too. I eventually abandoned the idea due to the concern of it making my dogs sick if they drink the water.

I am on 10% gonna dial it down to 5% and shortened runtime abit. I am in Little Rock and haven't been able to resist jumping in. I've been working in the backyard quite a bit so it is awesome to jump in when you are overheating. Even if water is 76... lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.