Second test numbers after adding chemicals

The needle should stay steady on one number while the pump is running and over time slowly rise as pressure builds. How long it takes to rise depends on how dirty the water is. The needle should not be flopping back and forth while the pump is running. After backwashing it should drop to the normal "clean" starting number and rise slowly over time as the filter collects more dirt. When the pump is turned off the needle should drop to 0.

And this is probably a weird question but my FC was 4.5 after the sun went down. I wanted to raise my FC level to 14 so the pool calculator said add three 182 oz bottles of 6% bleach to reach this level. About an hour later I recheck my FC level and it is 18.5 with .5 CC's. I have been going with the notion I have a 28,000 gallon pool based on once again my pool guy I fired last summer. I haven't measured but will tomorrow. But since the FC went to 18.5 instead of 14 like the calculator suggested is it possible my pool has less water? I went back to the calculator and played with it alittle and based on my numbers I would have 19000 gallons based on the increase in FC. Hope this makes sense. Hope someone can answer.

zea3 said:
The needle should stay steady on one number while the pump is running and over time slowly rise as pressure builds. How long it takes to rise depends on how dirty the water is. The needle should not be flopping back and forth while the pump is running. After backwashing it should drop to the normal "clean" starting number and rise slowly over time as the filter collects more dirt. When the pump is turned off the needle should drop to 0.

I went and rechecked later and it is steady on 16 after a good back wash. So I suppose I'll use this number as my starting point and when it starts to rise backwash again. And the needle did go to 0 when pump is off. Thanks very much.

Al

I went and rechecked later and it is steady on 16 after a good back wash. So I suppose I'll use this number as my starting point and when it starts to rise backwash again. And the needle did go to 0 when pump is off.
Good work, Al. You'll find that gauge very helpful. Look at it EACH time you go by the filter.....it will report anything abnormal to you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.