Second return...

Smokeyhill

Gold Supporter
May 26, 2018
Follansbee, Wv
I was just reading a thread where a second return on an AGP was mentioned. I'm all for that! Where exactly would be the ideal place? Do you isolate the two for any reason? Is there a maximum depth? I would love to get better bottom circulation. Can I just add it a foot or so below the existing return? What about winter time? Would I have to drain below the second return to avoid bursting the pipe?
I'm uncovering the pool next weekend and would love to get this done before I completely fill it, even if I have to drain some water out to get where I want to be.

If that was my pool, I'd put the second return on the opposite wall and at roughly the same elevation. The more surface movement, the more likely floating debris will make it to the skimmer before it sinks.

If you want the return down low, then you'd have to plug and drain it in the winter. Since we don't have winter where I live, I can't tell you anything specific. This year was a cold one -- I saw frost once.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.