Seauto

my vinyl lined pool has a slop from 3 1/2 to 7 feet AND the walls in most areas are in an angle.....
Yours is the most common / basic shape used for ages.

Thanks for updating!!! Keep us posted when you try another.

I think I might try a "corded" pool cleaner next (the extended cleaning time might make a difference)..... any suggestions (at a reasonable price level)...... has anyone heard of "blwl" vacuums????

has anyone heard of "blwl" vacuums????
Today is the first I've heard if it. I like the 3 or 5 hour clean cycle. With a bigger pool, that'd be more likely to get it all for me.

It's 13% off today @ $699, and there's a $300 Amazon coupon at checkout so its $399.

Reactions: HermanTX
They should make a transformer pool robot that can transform from a humanoid type robot that can be your friend to a pool robot and then to a dog type robot or whatever you want.

It can fly to the store pick up some things you need, fly back, clean the pool, mow the lawn and then do your taxes.

Update:

After providing my feedback to Seauto (navigation issue plus non-responsive unit), and after one additional troubleshooting attempt to revive the unit, they quickly offered to send me a new robot and also advised their latest firmware update should fix my issue of the Shark robot not navigating out of the deep end while in Floor mode. In my last post I said I was returning the unit - I said I was done with beta testing! Looks like I relapsed. So with nothing but time and patience to lose (I'm still within my 30 day return window with Amazon), I agreed.

The new unit arrived, it charged, and I updated the firmware. After running it twice it appears they resolved the issue of the unit not navigating out of the deep end during Floor mode. I witnessed a very methodical movement/pattern back and forth across the pool floor. The Shark would get to the wall (it has a sonar sensor in front so it stops short of walls/steps), back up about 12", turn 90 degrees, moves about 6"-12", turns another 90 degrees, then heads towards the other side. This pattern repeats up and down the pool though it does get disrupted by irregularities in the pool like odd angles and inside/outside corners but it seemed to get back on track and continue the pattern. Until it didn't...

There is an apparent new (new to me as I didn't witness it with the prior firmware version) glitch in the software that occassionally causes the Shark to move up and down our curved pool wall (about 1-2 feet up and then 3-4 feet back onto the floor) and stay in that same place to repeat the pattern over and over again. Once "stuck" in this one place, going up and down continually, there is very little to do. I even reached in and manually pushed the robot a different direction and one time even moved it 10 feet away, only to watch the robot turn and return to the same spot and continue the up/down pattern. VERY odd indeed!!

As mentioned before, there's a lot for me to like about this unit. The operational mechanics of the robot are solid. It climbs walls and steps with ease, turns on a dime, successfully moves well along the tile line, uses methodical programmed patterns, utilizes multiple sensors including sonar and "out of water", and seems to have the ability to use intelligence in navigation. For this Shark, software is the key.

I sent Seauto my latest feedback regarding navigation and hope they will send a new firmware update soon. I remain concerned about three things: ability of Seauto software developers to "get it right", longer term component reliability, and longer term customer support if Seauto/parent loses interest in the pool robot market. I did purchase the extended warranty from Amazon ;).

I finally returned the Seauto Shark for a refund, and was able to get a refund on the Asurion extended warranty too. After about five iterations of their software/firmware to correct navigation issues, it still wasn't right. I give Seauto credit for trying and if they stay in the pool robot business I suspect some time in the future they will get it right.

I just pulled the trigger on the Evo 614IQ. Twice the price but I need a cleaner I can throw in and walk away instead of constant monitoring. I also have a much higher level of comfort knowing there will be always be support for the equipment. Cheers!

Reactions: Newdude
I finally returned the Seauto Shark for a refund, and was able to get a refund on the Asurion extended warranty too. After about five iterations of their software/firmware to correct navigation issues, it still wasn't right. I give Seauto credit for trying and if they stay in the pool robot business I suspect some time in the future they will get it right.

I just pulled the trigger on the Evo 614IQ. Twice the price but I need a cleaner I can throw in and walk away instead of constant monitoring. I also have a much higher level of comfort knowing there will be always be support for the equipment. Cheers!
Was the primary issue the slope of the deep end? Mine is about 20 degrees so I was just curious if this was the main issue.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Was the primary issue the slope of the deep end?
That was one of the original issues though they fixed it and after the fix the incline was not a problem. My pool incline goes from 8.5' to about 3.5'. The issue they were not able to overcome is the rounded corners of my pool. The programmed logic for floor only mode was not able to deal with the needed change in direction when the cleaning pattern reached a corner. Instead it would continue going into and out of the corner for a very long time. Even if I reached into the water to manually redirect it, it would turn back and continue going to the corner. I found it very cool (though it was part of the problem in this case) that the robot remembered where it was before I redirected it and was able to go straight back to the same spot. Further, I still think there is promise in the technology (brushless motors, sonar, etc...) but the software isn't there yet.

Reactions: mas985 and Newdude
I am in the process of returning the seauto and getting something else. It was my first ever vacuum, so at the beginning I though it was excellent, but I am now realizing that it leaves a lot to be desired.
Pros:
-it goes up the wall easily.
-it is amazingly good at getting unstocked from the floor drains
-battery life seems good

Cons:
- The cleaning patterns is TOO random......... regardless of which mode I put it in, or how many times I run it, I always have large areas that the robot skips... :(
- It doesn't do well with small dirt (which currently is the main problem with my pool as I am still "under" construction.

I think the problem is actually the shape of my pool........ my vinyl lined pool has a slop from 3 1/2 to 7 feet AND the walls in most areas are in an angle...... I think that is what is confusing the robot....... I think this model might do well on a more standard pool.
This fairly echoes my experience so far, with same basic pool design. I've sent email to Seauto requesting either 1) reduce floor mode angle sensitivity or 2) provide option for floor and walls mode.

We'll see.

Last edited by a moderator: