Sealing stacked stones, repairing holes, homemade diamond brite?

Jun 19, 2013
Sunny Florida
Hi everyone! Couple questions, can someone tell me what sealer to use that wont make a wet look on stacked stones but wont cause efforescence? Reason being when the stones are wet they really darken the stones and make mine look a bit orange. What happens if no sealer is used? I guess scale and such will damage over time?

Second question, my builder drilled holes to put shims to hold up the stacked stones while they were drying. What should these be filled with? Silicone, putty of some sort, or portland cement?

Last question- What dye can be used to give portland cement and quartz crystals a blue tint to replicate a pale blue diamond brite? My pool leak guy made some on the spot but he missed some areas and he is honestly not easy to work with! Anyhow, he mixed some on the spot and used a blue dye of some sort. Food coloring? No, right?

Thanks so much!!! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.