dntboles

Jun 29, 2019
Boerne, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Never heard back on this so not sure if @gocubs418's fix worked or not. Yes, I know this is old, but so is the leak.

Mine is almost identical. Water is seeping out under/around the stone spillway. After the spillway turns off, water will drip slowly from the seam between the two large flat stones for a few hours. It also provides plenty of efflorescence.

If anyone knows of a good sealant please let me know. Pool builder has been MIA and never finished the contract.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect the masons used "normal grout" and not pool grout. It's the same grout they used for the rest of the stonework around the pool. It looks nice but erodes away. Water then followed the paths of least resistance with some coming down the spa wall toward the pool and some flowing around to the back of the spa and through that wall, leaving plenty of efflorescence back there, too.

EDIT: the spa and tile line was coated with something white... a sealant maybe... before the tile and flagstone was put on with masonry cement. They could have used something else but it was likely just masonry cement, mixed with sand.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.