Screw in bead liner receivers?

May 18, 2013
Cedar Creek, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We installed our own pool in 2013 other than the liner which we had professionally installed. It's time to replace it and so we called the same guy since he did a great job and at a fair price the first time around. We now have a deck built all the way around the pool and so he suggested a beaded liner. However, the receivers he suggested don't go over the top of the pool edge, they screw in to the pool wall just below the top. I want to do a little more research on this but I've searched and searched and can't even find a screw-in receiver. This guy started a large pool company in CenTex years ago but sold it to his nephew and now just does installs - mainly in-ground - so I trust him, but would still like to read up on it. Has anyone ever heard of this? Is there a special term for it? Do you know where I can find info on it?

Also, has anyone had a negative experience with beaded liners? I wish I would have known about them before we surrounded our pool with a deck. :(

We installed our own pool in 2013 other than the liner which we had professionally installed. It's time to replace it and so we called the same guy since he did a great job and at a fair price the first time around. We now have a deck built all the way around the pool and so he suggested a beaded liner. However, the receivers he suggested don't go over the top of the pool edge, they screw in to the pool wall just below the top. I want to do a little more research on this but I've searched and searched and can't even find a screw-in receiver. This guy started a large pool company in CenTex years ago but sold it to his nephew and now just does installs - mainly in-ground - so I trust him, but would still like to read up on it. Has anyone ever heard of this? Is there a special term for it? Do you know where I can find info on it?

Also, has anyone had a negative experience with beaded liners? I wish I would have known about them before we surrounded our pool with a deck. :(
Usually for in ground pools

Reactions: Sybrash
It may work well but the only part that differentiates the two pools is that an AGP has a thin sheet metal wall and there's not much thickness for the self tapping screw to hold onto. It may work if they use a nut and bolt every so often.

Interesting 🤔
I would ask him exactly what product he uses.
I have the concern that @wireform mentions. Also that it would fit the bead pattern of an above ground liner
These don’t quite look the same
IMG_9713.jpegIMG_9712.jpeg
I thought this article would help but now I’m more confused 🤣

I don't see it bending to fit the curvature of the wall.

Freeform vinyl pools have a specific bendable track to make the curves and it's top mount not side mount

It may work well but the only part that differentiates the two pools is that an AGP has a thin sheet metal wall and there's not much thickness for the self tapping screw to hold onto. It may work if they use a nut and bolt every so often.
I wondered about that myself which is why I want to research it more. Another concern I have is the metal screws through the metal pool wall and if this could cause rust. I also considered the fact that the reason I couldn't find any information about using this track for an AGP is because it isn't recommended. There's always the possibility that it's before it's time but.... I think I'll stick to the tried and true.

Interesting 🤔
I would ask him exactly what product he uses.
I have the concern that @wireform mentions. Also that it would fit the bead pattern of an above ground liner
These don’t quite look the same
View attachment 565497View attachment 565498
I thought this article would help but now I’m more confused 🤣
Haha. I can't tell you how many hours I've spent researching all this. Every time you think you have the answer, something else points you in a new direction. 😒 Oh, and I was going to clarify with him if this track could be used with any beaded liner or just the liners (in-ground) that he was suggesting. (Not pushing, but offering up as an option.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdragger88
Please follow up with what he says- I am in the same boat as you - i have an overlap & will need to remove deck boards to replace my liner.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support