Screen Logic Connect

BP_FLA_40

Mar 30, 2023
Hudson, FL
So, I'm using the Windows PC version of Screen Logic and under the title Intelliflo Spa, it list current Watts for that particular option, whether it be spa, pool, or some other device. I'm curious as to what that is indicating.
Is that Watts per hour, per day or something else? Just running the pool pump, it's showing 585 watts. That would be hard to believe that is per hour or even per day assuming your are running it for 8 hours. In a months time, my electric bill would be enormous. Please elaborate further. Thx

So, I'm using the Windows PC version of Screen Logic and under the title Intelliflo Spa, it list current Watts for that particular option, whether it be spa, pool, or some other device. I'm curious as to what that is indicating.
Is that Watts per hour, per day or something else? Just running the pool pump, it's showing 585 watts. That would be hard to believe that is per hour or even per day assuming your are running it for 8 hours. In a months time, my electric bill would be enormous. Please elaborate further. Thx

Welcome to TFP!

It's just watts. If the pump is drawing 585 watts and you run it at that speed for an hour, you will use 585 watt-hours, or 0.585 kilowatt-hours. Running for 12 hours at that speed would use 12 * 585 = 7020 watt-hours, or around 7 kilowatt-hours.

Where I live, electricity is expensive at around $0.34 per kilowatt-hour. So if my pump drew 585 watts for 12 hours, it would cost me 7 * 0.34 = $2.38.

Reactions: Dirk and BP_FLA_40
Hey BP, welcome to TFP!

Drew does a good job of explaining watt hours. A watt is a unit that represents how much power is being used at any moment in time, not over the course of some amount of time. Think of it like your bathroom scale. In that case, a pound is the unit. You step on your scale and it tells you how much you weigh at that particular moment. The number you see does not represent how much weight you've gained in the last week/month/year, for that you'd have to track your weight over a period of time, and then do some math to figure out how much you've gained. The amount you weigh is like watts, the amount you gained over time would be like watt-hours.

This is mostly true, but not always. For example, my bathroom scale lies constantly...

Overweight Man On Bathroom Scale Stock Illustration - Download Image Now -  Fat - Nutrient, Overweight, Embarrassment - iStock

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.