Manor
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I am having an issue connecting to ScreenLogic Connect on my Windows laptop. I have no issues connecting via phone either (iphone) on the local network or remote. I can ping the controller but all that happens is when you click "Start ScreenLogic" the blue "thinking" wheel spins and then it returns to normal. After several tries, I got the connection box dialog to pop up and it connected to the local system, failed, then I watched it switch to a remote connection, connect and fail.
Screenshot 2023-09-18 210137.png
Screenshot 2023-09-18 210840.png

Screenshot 2023-09-18 210946.png

I will restart the system tomorrow morning, and I have rebooted the protocol adapter and wireless extender/relay. Anyone seen this before?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-18 210137.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-18 210137.png
    94.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Last edited:
I have no idea if this is related, but I have major issues connecting to printers and scanners after Windows does an update. I believe it is firewall and/or sharing related. I never remember to write down what I did to fix it so I start from scratch troubleshooting. It can take me hours until I figure it out.

If I remember correctly the solution that seems to work all the time is a new install because Windows will ask if it is ok to trust. That implies a security issue that you can try to chase down.

Shawn,

First, I have no idea where the problem is.... :(

I do know that I have to tell my PC to run ScreenLogic as an administrator..

Not sure that is the answer, but something to try.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I'm still not sure. I have to assume it is a local machine issue. I'm a network architect (or pretend to be to get a paycheck) so I can find my way around. Just odd. It was working one moment, and not the next (I hear that all the time). I've deleted and reinstalled with admin permissions but no luck. My other PC is working just fine. I will get the shovel out when I get home and report back.

Update on this. I was not able to find any UDP/TCP packets being rejected or blocked even with Windows security deactivated and a double check of the firewall rules I had no luck. I also rebooted both the router and modem (I use a managed switch). I did notice that some of the Windows icons were "blank" (generic white paper icon). I cleared the icon cache rebooted, and what do you know.

Now, I'm not sure how a corrupt icon cache could cause the issues I was seeing, or even IF, but it is odd that as soon as that was resolved it fixed itself. I'm going to just move on about my day here and not give it anymore attention or thought. thanks for the input.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.