Schedule for pool

Update: I decided to lower my ta to 80 and see how the ph acted. I aerated until ph was 7.7 and it has stayed there for the last 4 days. It's nice not having to add MA everyday or every other day. I will keep ta at 80 as long as ph stays stable. Thnx for all the help.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I have been losing a lot of fc, I see people say that you should not lose a lot in the winter. I decided to recheck my cya and it is at 40. I have been adding chlorine assuming my cya was 70, this explains the fc loss right? Water looks clear and no cc.

Should I keep the cya at 40 or raise it just before summer?

I have been losing a lot of fc, I see people say that you should not lose a lot in the winter.
In an earlier post, you indicated a daily loss of 1.5 ppm. That's not really very much and I would leave it alone.

Your precision testing and adjusting of your water is admirable but don't over do it with unnecessary worry. What I see in your posts is that you have a nice pool and you are managing it successfully. Nice work.:goodjob:

In an earlier post, you indicated a daily loss of 1.5 ppm. That's not really very much and I would leave it alone.

Your precision testing and adjusting of your water is admirable but don't over do it with unnecessary worry. What I see in your posts is that you have a nice pool and you are managing it successfully. Nice work.:goodjob:
The last few weeks it has been 2.5 per day. I will see how it goes now that I have adjusted to the lower cya.

The main benefit of CYA is to protect chlorine from the sun, especially down south. But, during the winter the days are shorter and the sun is less intense so it is fine where it is for now. I'd start raising it when the water temps start rising again, maybe in April. I usually wait until the water gets above 70 before I start working on CYA and getting my SWG going again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.